Black Tortuga Description
This beautiful 2019 47´ Fontaine Pajot offers four large double berths each with private ensuite baths including electric heads, vanity and separate showers. Cabins and boat offer wonderful natural lighting and great ventilation plus fully air-conditioned depending on guests desires. The salon will seat up to 8 guests in comfort for lounging or dining. The aft exterior offers alfresco dining for up to 8 guests, top deck seating and lounge area in front of helm plus forward lower deck lounge area behind trampolines. Water toys include snorkeling gear, floating mats and tube, 3 stand-up paddleboards, fishing rods, a wakeboard, a subwing, and a surf board.
DIVING: Black Tortuga offers onboard diving. $50 per person, per dive and $75 per person per dive for night dives up to 6 certified divers at a time, max 2 dives per day, payable aboard to yacht crew. The crew will discuss details during preference calls with guests. Crew provide individual cost estimates based on the guest´s requirements. Gear rental is at the guests´ expense. The crew are happy to handle gear rental, pick-up and return on the guests behalf.
Cruising Area of Black Tortuga
4 queen cabins with ensuite bathrooms.
Entire boat is fully air-conditioned.
NOTE: Forward starboard space is permanently stowage of toys like scuba equipment, tanks, compressor, snorkels, etc.
Surfboard to be towed behind the dinghy
Crew will discuss details during preference calls with guests. Crew provide individual cost estimates based on the guest´s requirements.
Gear rental is at the guests´ expense.
The crew are happy to handle gear rental, pick-up and return on the guests behalf.
$50 per person, per dive and $75 per person per dive for night dives up to 6 certified divers at a time, max 2 dives per day, payable aboard to yacht crew.
Black Tortuga Crew Profile
Troy and Jody met this past season while working as mate and chef on a 58´ catamaran in the USVI. Working so closely, they formed an instant friendship and have a light hearted and fun working relationship. They decided to move forward as a team to provide their guests fun and memorable charters. With their combined experience and enthusiasm, they will tailor the charter experience to your pace, giving you the vacation of your dreams!
Captain Troy hails from Philadelphia, but spent much of his time growing up on the waters off New Jersey. Troy discovered his love of the water at a very young age from his grandfather. As a Marine Biologist, he instilled a sense of wonder in Troy, and encouraged him to become scuba certified at the age of 12. Sailing hobie cats, diving, fishing, and water sports were is childhood passions. Troy has traveled and vacationed the islands he now calls home since he was a teenager. Troy loves his work as a captain because it incorporates all the things he enjoys by allowing him to sail, dive, make cocktails, help in the galley, and entertain his guests.
Chef Jody is a native Californian, but has loved chartering in the islands for the last 17 years. She holds a US Coast Guard Masters License, and is a PADI Scuba Instructor, as well as an accomplished charter chef. Her passion for beautiful food equals her passion for the ocean. Before moving to the islands, Jody was an educator for several zoos and aquariums on each coast. She fell in love with the Caribbean waters working as an Aquarist at Coral World Marine park in St Thomas. Her knowledge of marine life gives her guests an experience they won´t forget! From the galley, her fresh breads, pastries, decadent desserts, and everything in between will present you with an array of goodies to tempt your taste buds. Her culinary style incorporates fresh local ingredients with culinary favorites for amazing meals that guests love. Her greatest pleasure is your smile of satisfaction!
Black Tortuga CalendarAvailableBookedHold (can be challenged)Unavailable
Black Tortuga Reservations & Port Locations
|Start Date||End Date||Details (Holds can be challenged)|
|Jan 14, 2022||Jan 19, 2022||Unavailable: St Thomas, USVI* to St Thomas, USVI*|
|Jan 20, 2022||Jan 27, 2022||Booked: Yacht Haven Grand to Yacht Haven Grand|
|Jan 29, 2022||Feb 05, 2022||Booked: Yacht Haven Grand to Yacht Haven Grand|
|Feb 07, 2022||Feb 12, 2022||Booked: St Thomas USVI to St Thomas USVI|
|Feb 15, 2022||Feb 22, 2022||Booked: Owner Use - St. Thomas to Owner Use - St. Thomas|
|Feb 23, 2022||Mar 01, 2022||Unavailable: Unavailable, Crew Holiday to Unavailable, Crew Holiday|
|Mar 12, 2022||Mar 19, 2022||Booked: St Thomas, USVI* to St Thomas, USVI*|
|Mar 21, 2022||Mar 27, 2022||Unavailable: Yacht Haven Grand to Yacht Haven Grand|
|Mar 29, 2022||Apr 04, 2022||Booked: St Thomas, USVI* to St Thomas, USVI*|
|Apr 09, 2022||Apr 16, 2022||Booked: Saint Thomas, USVI* to Saint Thomas, USVI*|
|Apr 29, 2022||May 07, 2022||Booked: Yacht Haven Grand to Yacht Haven Grand|
|May 14, 2022||May 20, 2022||Hold: St Thomas, USVI* to St Thomas, USVI*|
|May 21, 2022||May 27, 2022||Booked: Yacht Haven Grand to Yacht Haven Grand|
|Jun 05, 2022||Jun 11, 2022||Booked: Saint Thomas, USVI* to Saint Thomas, USVI*|
|Jun 13, 2022||Jun 20, 2022||Booked: Yacht Haven Grand to Yacht Haven Grand|
|Jun 22, 2022||Jun 30, 2022||Booked: Yacht Haven Grand to Yacht Haven Grand|
|Jul 02, 2022||Jul 10, 2022||Booked: Owner Use - St. Thomas to Owner Use - St. Thomas|
|Jul 17, 2022||Jul 24, 2022||Booked: Yacht Haven Grand to Yacht Haven Grand|
|Aug 01, 2022||Oct 31, 2022||Unavailable: St Thomas USVI to St Thomas USVI|
|Feb 01, 2023||Dec 31, 2023||Unavailable: Unavailable to Unavailable|
Black Tortuga Rates / weekThe prices shown are for the entire yacht for a week-long (7 nights) charter.
Low price: $21,000
High price: $24,500
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
Yacht terms: All Inclusive*
*Cruising Permits, Fees, and Taxes to be paid by the Charterer upon entry to Cruising Grounds or Ports for all locations. Please inquire about rates and customary fees.
An all-inclusive charter covers all provisioning and running expenses. This includes a captain and crew that is fully trained and committed to your safety and enjoyment of your trip. A chef will provide the kind of exceptional, personalized meal preparation that you would expect of a five-star restaurant. The listed rate may not include all local taxes, cruising permits, premium beverages and scuba activities. Inquire for more information.
Send us an inquiry to get specific pricing for Black Tortuga.
Black Tortuga Guest Reviews
Thank you for making an amazing vacation for all of us! You exceeded expectations and unbelievably fulfilled our crazy preference sheet! Loved the fantastic food and cocktails, sailing, coves, adventures, tortuga island, etc! We really appreciate all your hard work to provide awesome service, love to come back! Thank you for everything! Sue and Mark!
For our first time spending a week on a boat it exceeded our expectations! The hospitality, the places we visited, the perfect recommendations - your happy positive approach to everything was the best! You both made our trips so much better. Troy, your attention to fun and safety! Jody, the food and taking care of us! We will suggest this boat and crew to everyone!
Thank you Captain Troy and Jody for an amazing trip! Despite not being able to sail the BVI´s, you found plenty of fun and adventure on land and sea. Great sailing Captain Troy! Jody, you are an amazing chef! We all appreciated your incredible three meals each day. The creativity and detail of the two of you with food, drinks, decor and service was top rate. Thank you for making this trip so wonderful!
Thank you for an amazing experience! From the moment we stepped onboard and were greeted with Jody’s hospitality and painkillers! and Captain Troys safety forward! and pragmatic 3 square rule - we knew we were in the right place. The personalized attention, the michelin star quality dining, the snorkeling, diving, sailing and of course the evening games will forever be part of.
Wow! The world of our trip! Everything from the food, hospitality, the boat, the adventures to our conversations with the crew has been extraordinary. You showed us places we never would have seen if we stayed on land. You two make a great team and you both made this an amazing experience for all of us. It was other-worldly! Can’t wait to come back! Safe travels with all of your adventures. Keep in touch!
We recently returned from the MOST AMAZING vacation on Touch the Sky! A group of ten friends sailed with Captain Ben, Chef Jody and Mate Troy for a week in the US Virgin Islands. The crew was phenomenal in every single way! Chef Jody made the most amazing, creative and delicious meals, taking into consideration dietary restrictions and personal food preferences. Her desserts were scrumptious as well! Mate Troy had cocktails at the ready and made some pretty fantastic libations! Captain Ben, not only was a wonderful, knowledgeable and experienced sailor, but a fantastic tour guide too. By the end of the week, we were sad to say goodbye to our new “friends & family” members.
Waking up in a beautiful harbor each morning never got old. Each day was filled with an exciting adventure. We spent our days snorkeling with sea turtles, fishing, paddle boarding in the crystal clear waters of St. Thomas and St. John, scuba diving for Caribbean lobster, wakeboarding & hydro-foiling (trying…), floating on the huge donut raft & swimming off the stern of the boat, hiking Ram’s Head, driving (Captain Ben chauffeured us) on “Rhonda” (the Honda zodiac) to Lime-Out for tacos & cocktails and hitting the remote beaches with a packed Yeti cooler…then back in time for happy hour!
Touch the Sky was a beautiful boat for our group to charter. The fly bridge was our favorite place to gather in the morning for coffee, in the afternoon to read & relax with a good book and of course each evening for Troy’s happy hour cocktail and Jody’s delicious appetizers! After dinner we’d return to the flybridge for some singing & dancing under the stars, then we would venture up to the stern searching for shooting stars and constellations in the dark starry sky.
The memories we created on our trip will last a lifetime! We are grateful to Kevin at Mainsail Yacht Charter for his expertise and knowledge in guiding us to this most perfect charter VACATION!
Morning All! Below is the review of Catamaran Touch The Sky / Rubenstein Charter / April 27-May 4, 2021
From Christian Parker Lentz:
1. Crew Friendliness: Have done a few of these charters before and Ben, Jody and Troy were extremely friendly, welcoming and integrated really well with the personalities on the boat.
2. Crew Knowledge: They had an answer for everything. With varying levels of experience in the job, they all knew their role well, had great local knowledge of the islands, reefs, coves we visited.
3. Quality of Service: Excellent. Always offering up ways to make the experience more enjoyable. An improvement would have been better quality/newer sheets/pillows and a change out of sheets at least once during the 7 days would have been appreciated.
4. The Professionalism of Crew: They balanced this really well. When it came to general safety and operation of the vessel, they were always professional and focused on the task. They were also able to keep the atmosphere relaxed and casual which made the experience great for us. The crew worked extremely well together and helped each other with whatever was needed. They each had their core jobs, but none flinched to help each other out. Ben needs a new photo on the website to show a bit more of his easy-going and fun personality and Troy needs to be on the crew roster on the website. These guys worked great together.
5. Value of the Cost + Expenses Charter: While a bit expensive, I find it good value. I personally enjoy spending as much time on the boat as possible and prefer to have all meals on board and activities in and around the boat. The additional cost of scuba for a few of us was expected and we had lunch at a local spot that was a bit pricey (still a good time), but just added on top of the all inclusive that was planned.
6. On-Board Cuisine: Excellent. Jody was amazing with the meals she put together for us. Planning and preparing for 12 people 3 times a day is not an easy task and she made it look easy. Also not easy to please everyone every meal (especially with this crowd) and she did a great job accommodating everyone. Personally, I found the portions too big (and so did my scale), but others really appreciated the portion size. And Troy was an excellent bartender treating us to creative cocktails. He just needs a bigger drink shaker so he can prepare more than 2-3 drinks at once ;-)
7. Destination / Location: The islands in the USVI are beautiful. Ben was really accommodating with getting us to daily/nightly destinations that met the groups´ preference. We stayed in some amazing, quiet and secluded spots which was our preference. There were really only a couple destinations that were a bit crowded.
8. Water-Sports: There was plenty to do. The group enjoyed the different tow activities and the kayak and stand up boards were well used. It would have been nice if the boat had a windsurfer (btw - the crew offered to find one to rent for an additional cost), but the toys on board were sufficient.
9. Overall Satisfaction: Looking forward to doing it again. was a great trip!
Thanks again for all your hard work!